Vocational Education and Training (VET) excellence can be showcased by recognising committed people, organisations and outstanding projects. The awards during the previous European Vocational Skills Weeks were one of the real highlights. The fourth European Vocational Skills Week will once again include a Nominees Awards Celebration event. The event will be held in Helsinki on 17 October in the presence of Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility.
The award-giving encompasses the following:
- Recognises excellence;
- Provides visibility and recognition for good work done;
- Motivates those taking part, whether individuals or organisations;
- Enables the building of networks and new career opportunities;
- Enables the winners to become ambassadors in their field of expertise;
- Reaches out to citizens through online voting.
Who can take part?
All award categories address specific target groups or are closed competitions. To take part in one of the open competitions, please consult the links below.
How are the awards being organised?
This is how the awards will be organised:
- A jury of independent members will be established in each category. The various juries will each identify 2 nominees and indicate their respective winner.
- A public online voting will be organised between 1 September and 15 October 2019.
- The 2019 award winners will be selected through a mix of votes from the jury, and the general public, both results weighting 50%.
- The pre-selections by the respective juries for most of the categories should be finalised before the summer. The final results will be revealed on the 17th of October during the Awards Nominees Celebration.